3D printable LispBadge LE case

Hi All

I recently designed a 3D printable case for LispBadge LE, it’s more portable with the case :).

It’s looking good but there still several improvements on the way:

1. The key cap needs to be improved to contact with the key for better press/feedback experience
  2. The left/right side of the LCD module need to be covered by the case, which need to remount the LCD module as near as possible to the PCB.
  3. The screw/hole on the back side need some improvements
  4. Can we type with out the label on/beside the keys?

Improvement toward LispBadge LE:

1. Use SMD switch and mount it on the front of the PCB (like the LisbBadge) would make the whole case thinner (less than 10mm).
  2. Move the battery holder to the edge of the PCB would make it easier to plug out the battery without tool.

Any thought and comment are welcome.

Happy Lisp Hacking!

Walter

Great work! Have you actually got the buttons working, or are the ones in the photo just keycaps in the holes?

Will your buttons work with the existing PCB, or will it need a new PCB design?

Hi David

Yes, all the keys works perfectly, no modification for the PCB.

Some improvements compare to previous version:

1. The LCD window narrowed to expose the LCD panel only. (The LCD module need to be mounted to the main board with the support of the 3D printed shim layer to make them thin enough to fit into the case)
  2. Corrected the LED hole position
  3. Added buckle for the back cover

Geometry: 69.5*111*12.5mm
Weight: to be confirmed
Screw: M3*10
Key Cap: 5.6H*6.9W/head, 9.6/bottom (need to cut to fit into the limit space)

I will share the design later.

BR.
Walter

I’m working on adding a fish bone like skeleton for the key caps to make it more solid, easier to install and no need to add UV glue, which need to modify the front frame at the same time.

BR.
Walter

It’s done, the fish bone, perfect and beautiful