AVR Version 3.6 of uLisp now includes an AVR assembler

AVR Version 3.6 of uLisp now includes an AVR assembler which allows you to generate machine-code functions, integrated with Lisp, written in AVR assembler mnemonics. For more information see AVR assembler overview.

All versions of uLisp 3.6 now also automatically turn off echo when pasting a program into the Serial Monitor. This allows you to use uLisp with a minimal Serial buffer, freeing up RAM, without the risk of errors due to buffer overflows.

Download the latest versions of uLisp here: Download uLisp.

Hey David!

For my small memory boards (e.g. Adafruit Neo Trinkey) that I’m using your ARM assembler functions to blink the NeoPixels onboard. After getting all my functions onboard I do a save-image first so that all the assembler functions are saved there. After a restart and everything’s loaded fine I call my little function, clr-asm. My free memory goes from 84 to 2057. clr-asm just unbinds all the assembler instructions which, after being loaded, aren’t needed. If I need them again, I just reset and add my new code, save-image, lather, rinse, and repeat. :)

(defun clr-asm ()
       (dolist (i '(regno emit error offset $word lsl-lsr-0 add-sub-1 mov-sub-2-3
                 add-mov-4 reg-reg bx-blx str-ldr str-ldr-5 add-10
                 add-sub-11 push-pop b-cond-13 $adc $add $and $asr $b
                 $bcc $bcs $beq $bge $bgt $bhi $bhs $ble $blo $blt $bmi
                 $bne $bpl $bic $bl $blx $bx $cmn $cmp $eor $ldr $ldrb
                 $ldrh $ldrsb $ldrsh $lsl $lsr $mov $mul $mvn $neg $nop
                 $orr $push $pop $rev $rev16 $revsh $ror $sbc $str $strb
                 $sub $sxtb $sxth $tst $uxtb $uxth outclr outset dirset
                 $cpsie $cpsid cpside clr-asm))
          (makunbound i)))

FWIW!
-Rusty-

Nice suggestion - thanks for sharing!