Introducing Lisp Badge LE

Lisp Badge LE is a self-contained low-power computer with its own display and keyboard that you can program in uLisp:

Based on an AVR128DB48 it has a low-power monochrome display, readable in daylight without a backlight, so it’s ideal for programming in the garden or on the beach!

For details see: Lisp Badge LE on Technoblogy.

Hi David

I’ve seen this new device desgin early once you published it last year, and finally, I’ve successfully made one and power it on with uLisp for myself last weekend, it’s so amazing to build one such device (It’s a Lisp machine:), thanks for your design and sharing all details about it.

Some questions:

1. The “Regulator AP2112K-3.3” in the part list, I bought it but I don’t find any clue to mount it on the board.
  2. The “Schottky Diode B340A DO-214AC” in the part list, I bought one but it looks like much bigger than the one on the board in your picture, it’s hard to mount after Serial pins mounted. I’m still trying to find a smaller one for new board.
  3. What’s the ICSP pins used for? since we using UDPI to burn the boot loader.

It’s really hard to install DxCore + Ardunio 1.8.19 manually for me in Windows 10 (the board manager doesn’t work), I installed python3, avr-gcc manually and fixed the avrdude path error, after that download bootloader, verify & upload uLisp into the board, all the power switch, battery, keys, led, speaker works fine without any rework.

I’m trying to design a case for it with key hat for easier daily using:)

Happy birthday for all

(defun note-map (n)
  (let ((t (first n)) (delay-base 500))
   (list
    (cond 
      ((= t 1) 0)
      ((= t 2) 2)
      ((= t 3) 4)
      ((= t 4) 5)
      ((= t 5) 7)
      ((= t 6) 9)
      ((= t 7) 11)
      ((= t 11) 12)
      ((= t 12) 14)
      ((= t 13) 16)
      ((= t 14) 17)
      ((= t 15) 19)
      ((= t 16) 21)
      ((= t 17) 23))
    (* delay-base (second n)))
  ))

(defun sing (song)
  (mapc 
   (lambda (s)
     (let ((n (note-map s)))
       (note 12 (first n) 4)
       (delay (second n))))
   song)
  (note))

(defun happy-birthday ()
 (sing '((5  1)
         (5  1)
         (6  2)
         (5  2)
         (11 2)
         (7  4)

(5  1)
         (5  1)
         (6  2)
         (5  2)
         (12 2)
         (11 4)

(5  1)
         (5  1)
         (15 2)
         (13 2)
         (11 2)
         (7  2)
         (6  2)

(14 1)
         (14 1)
         (13 2)
         (11 2)
         (12 2)
         (11 5)
        )))

@Walter glad you’ve built a Lisp Badge LE! In reply to your questions:

The “Regulator AP2112K-3.3” in the part list, I bought it but I don’t find any clue to mount it on the board.

Yes, sorry, that’s a mistake. I decided a regulator wasn’t needed and forgot to remove it from the parts list.

The “Schottky Diode B340A DO-214AC” in the part list, I bought one but it looks like much bigger than the one on the board in your picture, it’s hard to mount after Serial pins mounted. I’m still trying to find a smaller one for new board.

Also a mistake: the diode should be an SOD-123 sized small signal diode; eg 1N4148.

What’s the ICSP pins used for? since we using UDPI to burn the boot loader.

It’s a convenient way to make the SPI pins available for applications that need them.

Thanks for pointing out the mistakes - I’ve corrected them now.