Serial problem with Adafruit nRF52840 boards

I’ve found an issue an issue with the serial interface in the Arduino core for the Adafruit CLUE and Adafruit ItsyBitsy nRF52840 which means that sometimes there seems to be a delay before serial output appears. Until this is fixed I cannot really recommend these boards for uLisp. For example, when typing commands into the Serial Monitor, often your response doesn’t appear.

I’ve reported the issue to Adafruit here: CLUE Serial seems not to work correctly.

I’d be interested to know if anyone else has encountered this issue. It may only affect the Mac version of the Arduino core as I haven’t tested it on Windows or Linux.

Adafruit CLUE now supported by uLisp

I do not have these boards, but you may try a test with VirtualBox - you can “transfer” USB-connections to the guest OS (I have done so; had a funny appliance that would NOT work in the host, but WOULD work once given access to the guest - so this functions nicely), so if you install a Linux VM you may try it yourself (and it can be a “slim” OS like Lubuntu https://lubuntu.me/downloads/ ):

Thanks!