Serpente - an ideal mini board for uLisp?

The Serpente board from Sweden-based designer arturo182 looks like it would be a perfect mini platform for running uLisp. It includes a 48MHz ATSAMD21E18A, and 4 MB of flash storage which will be ideal for saving a uLisp image. It comes in three variants, depending on the USB connector you want:

The edge connector provides 6 pins that can be used for digital I/O, analogue, I2C, or SPI, and there’s an RGB LED. I’ve ordered one and will report back when I’ve tried it with uLisp.

See: Serpente - A Tiny CircuitPython Prototyping Board on Tindie.

I can confirm that uLisp works nicely on the Serpente boards. I’ve created a version of uLisp for the boards, and an Arduino Core that you can install for use with uLisp; see:

uLisp for Serpente boards

Further confirmed. It really is a fantastic board for it!
I only wish there were a library available to use that flash chip as an SD card like MicroPython does. If I was a good enough developer I’d like to do that myself :/

Dave Astels has done something similar in his extensions to uLisp:

Tiny USB provides a flash file system using the external SPI flash storage present on many boards, notably Adafruit’s “Express” boards.

You might be able to copy his extension across. See:

Blimey, I really needed to search a little harder!

A very very promising example of FAT on SPI Flash. Thank you, Lady Ada et al!

The Serpente board is now available from Adafruit:

Serpente - Tiny CircuitPython Prototyping Board - USB C Plug

It is a nice little board for quick tests, especially the pluggable version. I was wondering, if it was possible to update its uLisp to 4.1 to benefit from added assembler?

I’ll have a look at what’s involved.