uLisp now supports the Arduino Due, Arduino Zero, and Arduino MKRZero

uLisp is now available for the SAM/SAMD-based Arduino Due, Arduino Zero, and Arduino MKRZero boards allowing you to take advantage of the extra memory and processor speeds provided by these boards.

This allows you to use exactly the same uLisp program on ATmega, SAM/SAMD, and MSP430 boards, irrespective of the platform.

The SAM/SAMD version of uLisp allows you to save and load uLisp images using an SD card. The Arduino MKRZero includes a built-in SD card socket; on the Arduino Due or Arduino Zero you can add an SD card socket with a suitable shield.

Very cool, thank you! I did some small tests with an arduino due and it seems to work well. I found the edit-command doesn’t work correctly, only “?” are showed. Does it work for you?
Kindly regards,
Kaef

You need to have the line ending option set to Newline on the pop-up menu at the bottom of the Serial Monitor window. It should then work as documented in the examples.

Regards, David

I’ve just added a note to the documentation - thanks for pointing this out!

David

Thank you, that works for me. I used minicom and have to find out which option need to be set there.

Hi,
is it possible to change the save-image format for usage with sd-cards? I think it’s not good that the images saved are only usable with one ulisp-version, updating ulisp leads to unusable image files.
Because free space is no issue using sd-cards, the saved-images must not be as small as possible (it may be better or easier to add a new ‘save’ function for these boards).
Maybe it would be better to save lisp-code to the card, so multiple files could be loaded in one session.

Kindly regards,
Kaef

Yes, the ideal way to provide a portable save feature will be to allow the saving of Lisp code to an SD card, as a text file. That’s on the to-do list!

The advantage of image files is that they not only save function definitions, but also the values of any variables. So, for example, if you were accumulating data in a list variable, that would be saved too.