uLisp on the Raspberry Pi?

I’ve recently found a couple of projects that make me think that it might be relatively easy to port uLisp to the Raspberry Pi. At £4.80 in the UK for a platform with a 1 GHz processor and 512 MB of RAM, the Raspberry Pi Zero is an attractive option.

Although you can run an open source version of Common Lisp under Linux (Raspbian) on the Raspberry Pi, uLisp would offer some advantages, such as immediate access to the same standard range of Arduino extensions for interfacing to the outside world.

Piduino Library

Piduino Library (libpiduino) is a C++ library by Jorge Garza that lets you write and compile Arduino programs in the Raspberry Pi.

RasPiArduino

RasPiArduino is an Arduino framework for the Raspberry Pi by GitHub user Me No Dev.

I’d be interested in feedback from anyone with experience of the Raspberry Pi about the feasibility of either of these starting points.

What new features would you like to see in uLisp?

Hahahahahaaahaaa! When I joined years ago, I was already bugging you about the RPi, and you did me the very kind favour with the DUE instead… So as you can imagine, I am VERY MUCH for an RPi port! With the technical affairs, unfortunately, I cannot help… But with deep gratitude and burning with anticipation I am very much looking forward to it!

Imagine, if you will, µLisp on a RPi4B w/ 8GB of RAM.
Can you say HUBBA HUBBA? Good, I knew you could.

This could be a milestone for µlisp !

• sonar ping * — Anything to hope for on here, or is this “frozen”? 🙃

The prerequisite is an Arduino core for the Raspberry Pi. Once that’s available it should be relatively easy to get the ARM version of uLisp working on the Pi.