New beta version of ARM uLisp with new features for feedback

It’s a pity that there isn’t a cursor-right equivalent to CTRL-8, as that would be a clean way of implementing it.

Trying to compile the beta for Adafruit’s Grand Central M4 (SAMD51) and I get this (a number of times) throughout:

/home/rusty/sketchbook/ulisp-arm-beta/ulisp-arm-beta.ino: In function 'boolean FlashSetup()':

ulisp-arm-beta:486:16: error: ‘ssel’ was not declared in this scope
digitalWrite(ssel, HIGH); pinMode(ssel, OUTPUT);
^~~~

Guess the correct pins for the data FLASH aren’t getting defined.

BTW, what does a CTRL-8 do?

ASCII (control) code 0x08, ^H: Backspace.

I believe Ctrl and the numbers are not valid characters.

That’s odd - I’ve just tried it with the Adafruit Grand Central M4 and it works fine for me. Have you definitely got the Adafruit Grand Central M4 (SAMD51) boards option selected? Have you got the latest Adafruit SAMD Boards package loaded? I’m using 1.5.10.

I’ve built an AVR version of uLisp 3.2 beta, but for some reason arrays don’t work and I haven’t yet been able to track down the bug. It looks as if it will fit on the Arduino Uno (32 Kbytes) with either format or arrays, but not both.

Indeed, they aren’t valid ASCII characters but various OS’s may react to
that keyboard combo.

OK, I updated Arduino to 1.8.12. I also deleted the 1.5.3 SAMD library because it would error out whenever I tried to update it. It be compiling just peachy now. Sorry 'bout that!

Yes, but that’s because modern interfaces don’t usually pretend to be terminals. :)

Good to hear it’s working!

OK, I am joining the Beta test…

Trying to compile on 1.8.12, and enabling the line editor and the vt100 support, I am getting on a Grand Central M4:

‘ssel’ was not declared in this scope

with offending element:

inline void FlashEndWrite (void) {
digitalWrite(ssel, 1);
FlashBusy();
}

This seems to be the same issue @fe2o3 was having. Have you tried re-installing the SAMD board library?

OK, seems adding this (from a previous ulisp version) to the board definitions of ssel helped:

#elif defined(ARDUINO_GRAND_CENTRAL_M4)
const int sck = 89, ssel = 90, mosi = 91, miso = 92;

OMG I AM IN HEAVEN!

Backspace is working and parentheses-matching is working… Lisp machine, baby, Lisp machine! :D

Now, what obviously doesn’t work but likely matters little: the numpad. I have a German keyboard. The numpad is giving strange signals. - Now, given most devices do not have a numpad (laptops, tablets), I guess this falls into the “irrelevant, live with it” section, I am just mentioning it.

(print “(”) works fine, but neither (print #( ) nor (print #) ) do.

Last December David gave me a way to test save-image and load-image, and I confirm the procedure described here works:

By ‘works’ do you mean just the paragraph highlighting? If so, see: Terminal support on the new ARM 3.2 beta

Yes, I took that out because it’s now redundant with Adafruit’s latest SAMD code. You could alternatively have updated the core.

No, I mean not paragraph highlighting, I mean this:

(print #\( )

Error: Unknown character

Does it work if you space away from the closing paren?